WHAT IS CYANOACRYLATE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
WHAT IS IT?
Cyanoacrylates are a family of strong fast-acting adhesives with industrial, medical, and household uses. They are derived from ethyl cyanoacrylate and related esters. The cyanoacrylate group in the monomer rapidly polymerize in the presence of water to form long, strong chains. Cyanoacrylate is a strong, biodegradable tissue adhesive that polymerizes upon contact with tissues. It is the main ingredient in all modern eyelash extension adhesives - to date there are no lash adhesives (suitable for use) that are cyanoacrylate free.
HOW MUCH CYANOACRYLATE IS IN ADHESIVES?
Most adhesives contain about 90% cyanoacrylate within the remaining 10% consisting of PMMA (poly methacrylate - which is the component that thickens the adhesive, adds more strength and elasticity), stabilizer (usually hydroquinone which is the component that keeps the adhesive in liquid form and determines the curing rate).
THE TYPES OF CYANOACRYLATES
Methyl - Cyanoacrylate - found in the older style adhesives. Most lash adhesives are no longer made with methyl cyanoacrylate as they are not temperature, water, oil or heat resistant.
Ethyl - Cyanoacrylate - usually used as the main ingredient in modern day adhesives as it is quite versatile and gives the strongest, most elastic bond. All of our adhesives are made with ethyl cyanoacrylate and we recommend that you use an ethyl based cyanoacrylate adhesive for optimal results.
Alkyl - cyanoacrylate - the least popular type of cyanoacrylate as it is quite weak by itself but it is sometimes added into ethyl cyanoacrylates to reduce fumes.
shop our adhesives at: https://lashiivo.com/collections/adhesives